Youth and young adults entering grades 1 – 12 are invited to join us during our three weeks of Summer CAmP in 2019! Think BIG as we explore creative writing, acting, and technical theatre with activities, projects and design that are specially programmed just for you!
Week of July 8-12th
- AM – “Animals in Nature” with Nancy Porter (1st-6th grade)
- Critters big and small are right outside in your backyard. We are going to uncover these critters and learn more about what they look like, what they eat, what makes them so important on our planet. You will also have the chance to bring one of these critters alive on stage by creating set pieces, props and even masks to showcase on stage for your family on Friday.
- PM (Friday All day) – “Teen Tech Titans” with Thatcher Williams (6th-12th grade)
- The superheroes of theatre aren’t only on the stage – there is a mighty team of technical wunderkind behind the scenes! Combining the forces of mind and body – Tech Titans design and build the set, properties, lighting and sound of all shows earning applause.
- Join forces for hands-on instruction in:
- Stage make-up – including aging and scars/wounds
- Scenic painting
- Light and sound design in state-of-the-art theatre software.
- While learning the craft, Tech Titans will set lights, build a few set pieces, and create other items (as requested) for the morning Animals in Nature Camp. On Friday – it is a whole day of activity as we call the Titans to assemble as the technical crew for the culminating performance for the families of both camps to enjoy. (Note: power tools and ladders may be used during instruction. Please have CAmPers wear long pants and short sleeves with close-toed shoes.)
Week of July 15th-19th
- AM – “Storytelling Comes to Life” with Carrie Forristall (1st-6th grade)
- We will explore classic trickster stories from Greek, Roman, Egyptian, Ashanti and Norse backgrounds. Students will learn a story from these traditions, create simple props appropriate to the story, write a script, and bring the story to life using their imaginations!
- PM – “Scenes for Young Actors” with Rusk Dorsett (6th-12th grade)
- Join us as we explore the world of acting! We will delve into the process of developing characters through improvisation, scene work, and collaboration. Come join the fun!!
Week of July 22-26th
- AM – “Summer Shorts” with Carrie Forristall (3rd-8th grade)
- This camp is designed for kids who enjoy writing and creating and have active imaginations bursting to get put to good use! Early in the week, we’ll begin by watching some examples of short films. They will learn about writing short movies, screenwriting basics included. Students will have time to write out their own screenplay, then work with others in the class to create a set and gather or create props and costumes. They will finish by using a movie editing app to record and edit their short. If students are able they are encouraged, but not required, to bring their own mobile device for recording.
- PM – “Olaf’s Snowman Adventure” (1st-6th grade)
- Be a Happy Snowman this Summer! Join us as we create, plan and build a special adventure for Olaf, the snowman. Games, crafts, cool songs combined with dance moves will make Olaf’s adventure super special. We will share Olaf’s special adventure with your family on Friday afternoon so we can all get Warm Hugs!
A few notes about our camps:
- Lunch is not provided in the class fees. Students will need to provide a daily lunch and snack from home if they are participating in both a morning and afternoon camp the same week.
- Limit one free t-shirt per child.
- If you do not want your child photographed in news stories and CAP promotions, please notify us in writing.
- Any requests for changes or refunds must be made no later than one week prior to camp. All refunds subject to a $25.00 processing fee.
- We reserve the right to cancel any camp if lacking the appropriate participation/signups. If CAP Theatre cancels your camp you will be offered the choice of another camp this summer or a full refund.
- This CAP Theatre event is not affiliated with any public school district.